Friday 29 August 2014

Pre holiday Weigh In 2014


I'm sorry to report that I didn't get my one stone award last night at group!!
In fact I was up 1.5lbs, not the post I wanted to write just before I head away on my holidays.

I was full of good intentions and determination but sometimes life just gets in the way and that's what happened me this week. I wasn't as on it as I should have been! I guessed a few syn values of things, had a few slithers of peoples birthday cakes, and all these "little  tastes of things" add up & I think that's what caught me.

I was of the attitude that I  was being sooooooooooooo good and I was... with my main meals, but my snacking was my down fall, (as usual) small slice of birthday cake on Monday, shared a bit of cake on Tuesday, had a few Milk Tray sweets on Weds (sure they're only small) & we won't speak of the bars of Milka that were in the canteen at work!!!
Once I get a taste for sugar at all, I'm a divil for it and turn into the girl that "can't say no"


Say NO to Cake


Not that its a good enough excuse, I gave into it, I know my behavior is not rational when there's cake to be had and I was sorry afterwards but not sorry enough that it was a once off!!
I done it 3 days in a row and still thought that "it'd be grand" silly me!! I know I'm only fooling myself but it was just one of those weeks for me. I'd like to blame the weather, mother nature, god, the government, the voices in my head that you can't reason with BUT not myself because I had the best of intentions so that exempts me from blame!!! (I wish)

So there you have it. Cake/ my greediness is the reason why I failed to meet my holiday target and it's all my own fault!
I'm a little disappointed but it's showing me that I cant have my cake and a good weigh in, so after my holidays I'll have to give up the cake for a bit!!
Something will have to go and it needs to be my muffin top.

Muffin Top




Weight lost to date: 9.5lbs
Onwards and Downwards, the Slimming World way :)

4 comments:

  1. I need to be a bit more strict with myself, was excellent all during pregnancy but have been very lazy the last two months!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well Done you loosing weight while Preggers.. you'll get back to it once your body is recovered :)

      Delete
  2. Where'd you get those little Muffin Tops? Love them.
    I also have been fighting the 'battle of the bulge' my whole life - or as long as I can remember, at least - and would also love to say goodbye to my wobbly bits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have the minion muffin tops I'm afraid!! I just got the photo on Google Images! Its a constant battle for a lot of us it would seem!!

      Delete