Thursday 7 August 2014

Setting Goals for August 2014



Hey All,

Hope ye enjoyed the long weekend! I'm blaming that for me not posting on Monday (ahem or Tues or Weds!)

I'm happy to report that at my weigh in last Thursday night, I was down 1.5lbs woo hoo :):)



Setting Goals


So I've been thinking that maybe I should set a few goals for myself for the month of August to keep me motivated and focused

1. Stay within my syns everyday and on the Slimming World plan  (not just on work days, very bad habit)

2. Get out and walk AT LEAST 3 times a week (I used to get out 5 days a week!)

3. Look for a circuit class/ boot camp or spinning class in my area and book in (I think I need the structure of booking in back in my life)

4. Download Couch to 5k AGAIN and get past week 3 (I've signed myself up for the Cork mini marathon on 28th Sep 14 so that's a motivation)

5. Get my stone Cert before I go on my holidays (4 weigh in's to go)






OK, so numbers 2,3 & 4 are all exercise related but I think that I feel better in myself when I'm more active and I'm also less likely to have the time or the inclination to sit in and eat crap/ poorly if I'm going to classes and feeling my boobs hitting my belly and belly slapping off my thighs (yes this does happen even with a sports bra) So I'm hoping that the walking will lead to running and if I get out and do that 3 times a week, then I can easily book into a class for at least one night a week...

I think I'm being realistic with these mini goals, every little helps as the famous slogan goes, and hopefully achieving these 5 goals this month will boost my self confidence before I go on my holidays and wear a bikini, but also get me back into exercising full time again.

Do you set yourself mini goals?



Weight lost to date: 8.5lbs
Onwards and Downwards

Say No


3 comments:

  1. Yes, I do. Otherwise I won't get anything done! Congrats on your loss. I'm starting my own diet tomorrow and will be blogging about it every few days to stay motivated and accountable. And will be reading blogs like yours to keep me sane. www.annaberrybeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Vick, keep it going! I have great faith in you, you will get your stone before your holidays xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kudos to you for losing so much weight over the past months. I love how you think about goal setting with your weight loss and how you cover all the bases. I hope you're continuing the trend this fall. Thanks for sharing! All the best to you!

    Susan May @ It Works!

    ReplyDelete