Wednesday 16 October 2013

By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail

I know your probably sick of me taking about my latest plans etc and perhaps they same a bit samey to you after a while!
And a lot of the time they are! I’m sorry but for me there is no glamour or magic trick to loosing weight. Nope, there’s no big secret unfortunately!

For me its all about list making, pre-planning meals, pre-booking classes and keeping my food & exercise diary. Basically making the time and not excuses so that I can succeed




I know the saying "By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail” is said a lot in films and gyms and by people who are “in the zone” BUT its sooooo true and not planning has been my down fall in the past! Coming home from work hungry and tired, realising that I forgot to take out a chicken fillet that morning and deciding to throw a pizza in the oven instead because its easier than running back out to the supermarket/ butchers (both are less than a 5 min drive from my house) I get lazy and think “feck it, I’ll have a good dinner tomorrow” It’s a vicious circle with me. Now don’t get me wrong, there’s nothing wrong with having a pizza if you get caught short in the evening and are in need of a quick feed. But for me its downhill spiral. The pizza won’t fill me for my dinner (it never does) So I’ll be hungry later that evening and looking for something else, this could be a toastie, a biscuit or whatever ever else I’m “hungry” for after my crappy dinner! **Funny how I’m never hungry for fruit or my soup**

So I now take my chicken fillets out before bed and leave them to defrost in the fridge. Its amazing how one tiny little habit can make such a difference to me and my day! Its all a mental mind game and when I take my chicken out (yes, its nearly always chicken) then I feel like I’m winning. I feel more organised and prepared. Its all those little things that turn into good habits that keep me on the right road.


That’s me news/ new/not new plan of action, I feel excited now and a little bit more positive in myself. I KNOW that I can loose weight, I KNOW that I’m capable of exercising and eating right. I KNOW that when my head is in the right place that I see the results and its these results that I crave and want, so I need to remember this feeling when I’m having a speed wobble and eyeing up the cake fridge in the shops!!

As yer well aware (and probably sick of me mentioning at this stage) I’m a bridesmaid in 6 weeks, I’m looking forward to this wedding so so much that I want to enjoy every second of it and for me, this means being comfortable on the day in my dress and more importantly in my own skin..

So even tho I've A LOT of wedding related partying to do over the next 6 weeks that shouldn't mean that I cant do a lot of wedding prep work for myself, and that’s what I plan to do, up my exercise routine, eat cleaner if that’s possible, make soup to keep me filled up, drink lots and lots of water to cleanse and detox my body and skin. All this combined should equal a trimmer and healthy looking me in 6 weeks. I’m aiming to be down 14 pounds (including the 10 I've gained) BUT I hope that it will look like more because of the toning that I plan to have done from mixing up my exercise regime.




I think I’m being clever with this little plan in my pocket…I realise that’s there’s nothing at all new to my plan except my new re-found positive attitude, but sometimes that’s what you need, that little kick up the bum that make you get up off the couch and put on your runners and get out for 20 minutes.
I’m without a camera at the moment to take a photo for you but I will take one as soon as my camera comes back from the camera hospital.
Its been a while since I posted a photo of me in all my lycra glory!!



Any of ye have any little tips that help ye along or help get ye organised.
Yer comments have been lovely over the last few weeks and have given me the booster I’ve need to get back on the wagon.

So thanks to all my lovely commenters : ) xxx

1 comment:

  1. hey^^
    when i tried to lose weight i learned a lot that surprised me. actually it´s quite easy when you avoid addictive foods and of course i felt the need to write about it ;) would mean a lot when you could read it, you will not be disappointed! :D thanks! http://thescienceofeverything.wordpress.com/2013/08/18/part-of-the-meal/

    ReplyDelete