Wednesday 30 January 2013

My Pamper Day‏ - Mani, Pedi & Hair done - Bliss:)



 Hey Guys,

Its been such a long January hasn’t it!! Once pay day was in sight I decided that I would book myself in to have my hair done and then I decided that I would also use the voucher that I got for Christmas from my lovely boyfriend on the same day and just have a blissed out, stress free pamper day. Every girl needs a day like that every so often J

So after my weigh in, I headed for New York Nails to let the pampering begin. I was greeted with a warm smile, my coat taken and I was asked to browse the colours and pick my colours, (which is heaven for a nail nut like me, OPI Heaven to be exact) So after a LOT of humming and hawing, I chose OPI - My Chihuahua Bites for my toes – it’s a “bright red crème with orange undertones”.Coral to you and I (Beyoncé was rocking it earlier in the week at singing for Obama, and if its good enough for B!)

I sat up into the vibrating armchair to let the relaxing begin. I love having my feet done, its such a chore for me to do myself, I hate toes, even my own, YUK!!
My feet were soaked, my toes were prepped (cut, filed, cuticles sorted) then soaked again before being exfoliated and massaged (bliss) then two layers of OPI - My Chihuahua Bites applied, followed by a top coat. All the while I read magazines (I can’t remember the last time I read a mag)

OPI - My Chihuahua Bites 

OPI - My Chihuahua Bites 


The colour is lovely on I must say, it would be even better with a tan, so for anyone going away on holidays. This is your colour if your fed up of getting a French paint.

OPI - My Chihuahua Bites 



I was then brought over to the nail station, where my nails were soaked in a bowl of hot soapy water before being prepped (nails filed & shaped and my cuticles sorted) I was then given an exfoliation treatment and massage, this was lovely the oil and salt scrub left my hands and arms super softJ (This is where I got very excited, I had been reading about these polish’s during the week and THERE THEY WERE… eeeeek)

OPI Liquid Sand: The Impossible

My nails were then ready, Nail Tek base coat was applied, I had chosen OPI Liquid Sand: The Impossible (it’s a matte fuchsia with star confetti.) A really lovely pinky red to me, with star shaped glitter bits. It took two coats to make it completely opaque and it doesn’t require a top coat. The star confetti does need to be place on the nail, this is not as easy as it sounds, it was very tricky to get it out of the bottle. This polish dried to a fab matte glitter finish, its gritty to touch and I’m not sure what the removal process will be like. But I love it, its eye catching, the colour is super girly and pretty. The only thing I found was that the stars that were placed on my fingers started to curl at the edges and were catching on things, possibly because there wasn’t a top coat to protect them! So I ended up picking off these tricky bits after a few hours, but it didn’t take away from the finish or the colour.



OPI Liquid Sand: The Impossible


OPI Liquid Sand: The Impossible

OPI Liquid Sand: The Impossible



These Photos were taken on day 3 of wear and you can see some tip wear starting to appear, but its normal for the course with the amount of tap tappety tapping I do all day long. I reckon I’ll get another few days out of this colour stillJ of course the photos don’t do the sparkly factor justice, or the feel factor! Yes, I’ve been encouraging people to touch and feel the sand on my nail, lolJ

OPI Liquid Sand: The Impossible


OPI Liquid Sand: The Impossible


OPI Liquid Sand: The Impossible


OPI Liquid Sand: The Impossible




·         Have you been to visit New York Nails since I recommended it the last time? If not, then why not?

I then spent my afternoon in the hairdressers having my highlights and colour touched up and my hair re-shaped. This was 3 hours of drinking tea/water and reading my book, so enjoyable. Not once was I asked if I was going out tonight or had I booked my holidays J (they’re learning, hee hee)

I really enjoyed my “Me Day” I must say, it was long over due. I won’t be leaving it so long the next time I can assure you.



New York Nails contact details

NEW YORK NAILS
30 Belvedere Lawn
South Douglas Road, Cork
(Across from O’Sullivan pharmacy)

BOOKINGS ON: (021) 429 3570


www.newyorknails.net/

www.facebook.com/pages/New-York-Nails/

2 comments:

  1. Mani-pedi and hair styling? You definitely had a fun, stress-free day! Oh, I can’t wait to pamper myself and go to the salon! I consider salons as my go-to place. And like what Holly Golightly said, “…nothing very bad could happen to you there.”

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, its lovely "me day" isn't it.. Enjoy yours :)

      Delete